Welcome to Halloween 2012 Celebration

Welcome to Halloween 2012 Celebration
Creepy Free Halloween Zone!
Myspace Falling Objects @ JellyMuffin.com Myspace Layouts

Monday, October 17, 2011

13 Days Before Halloween


I like to give our kids and g-kids a fun thing to do for a countdown for Halloween - this is what we did this year. I made these toppers on our print artist program, colored and glittered the pumpkin, and then hot glued them to a 6 foot strip of saran wrap. I added a hanging ribbon before I glued them, This is how long the saran wrap was - it went the full length of our table.

I added a sucker stick to the inside fold of the paper to give it some stabliity because the candy is heavy and pulled down the header when it was hung up.



This is how it looks when it is done - they turned out really cute! When I added candy, I added one piece at a time, tied it off with a ribbon then added another candy, etc until I got 13 pieces. These are for our grandchildren.



I didn't want their parents to feel left out so I put 13 pieces of candy in a sandwich zippie and hot glued the topper to the bag.



I put each families in a cellophane bag - added some purple, lime and orange ribbon and they are ready to be delivered!




Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Micupoftea said...

What a fun idea, grandma! The children will love it...nice treats and sweet memories :)
Please stop by for tea, won't you?

http://poetryinapotoftea.blogspot.com/2011/10/happy-haunting-halloween-tea.html#comments

Happy Halloween ~~

Lenora said...

Love the candy hangings! What a great idea!!! Thx! Please do visit our family Fanciful Twist Halloween Party and visit our annual front garden graveyard and memory wall at..

http://lenorita-lenoramoore.blogspot.com/2011/10/graveyard-2011.html

Happy Halloween!

Renee said...

Very cute idea.